Benefits and Risks of Liposuction in Dubai
What is liposuction?
Thanks to developments in cosmetic surgery, getting the amazing figure you have always wanted is easier than ever. Liposuction, also called lipectomy, liposculpture suction, or lipo, is a type of cosmetic surgery in dubai that involves breaking up the excess fat and sucking it out of target sections of the body like the thighs, upper and back of the arms, chin and calves.
Liposuction is the most common plastic surgery to help patients reduce fat volume. It is a surgical technique that uses suction to remove fat from the body. Small cuts in the skin are used to insert thin, blunt-tipped tubes during liposuction.
People choose liposuction to reduce stubborn fat deposits which are resistant to weight loss. This technique cannot remove stretch marks, dimples, or cellulite. Aesthetics is the goal and liposuction is appropriate for those who want to alter and improve their body shape.
Liposuction changes the structure of the body by permanently removing fat cells. It is thought that fat cells do not regenerate in adult life – so the fat reduction in the area should be permanent. Weight gain can lead to further fat gain in other areas however.
How does liposuction help?
Although liposuction is typically performed for cosmetic reasons, it is occasionally utilised to address certain problems.
Lymphedema: a chronic or long-term disorder in which extra lymph fluid accumulates in tissues, resulting in swelling or oedema. Commonly, oedema affects the arms or legs. However, swelling, discomfort, and pain can occasionally be reduced by liposuction.
Lipomas: These are fatty, benign tumours. Liposuction can help people with lipomas.
Extreme weight reduction following obesity: A morbidly obese individual who loses 40% of their BMI may require treatment to get rid of extra skin and other anomalies.
Lipodystrophy syndrome: Loss of fat in one area of the body with accumulation in another. Liposuction can make patients seem better by naturally distributing their body fat.
Benefits of liposuction
There are several benefits of liposuction for weight loss. Some of them are:
- The shape and structure of the body can be contoured by liposuction.
- Through the removal of unwanted fat deposits and improving your physical and mental health, liposuction can help you come closer to your target weight.
- One of the best benefits of liposuction is the permanent elimination of fat cells in the treated areas.
- Boost your self-assurance and courage, and allow you to move freely.
- As it is a one-time operation with long-lasting effects, you do not need to attend multiple sessions – which is the case with non-surgical fat reduction techniques.
- Thanks to expert liposuction surgery by Dr. Demetrius Evriviades, patients see an overall improvement and a younger appearance. By shedding extra body fat from various body areas, you can renew the shape of your body.
Risks related to a liposuction procedure
Significant complications are rare when liposuction is performed by a well trained plastic surgeon. The risks of liposuction include the following:
- Severe bruise: This may last for a few weeks.
- Inflammation: The swelling may not go down for six months, and the wounds may still leak.
- Numbness: There may be a brief period of temporary numbness in the affected area.
- Infections: Skin infections after liposuction surgery may occur infrequently. This can sometimes only be fixed through surgery, which has the risk of leaving scars.
What to expect before surgery
To make sure to be healthy enough for surgery, patients must undergo a few health exams before the procedure. Here is what you must do before the liposuction procedure:
Regular aspirin and inflammatory medication should be stopped at least two weeks before surgery.
- It’s usually requested that women stop using oral contraceptives.
- Iron supplements may be prescribed to anaemic patients.
- A consent document will need to be signed by the person. This demonstrates that they are completely informed of the procedure’s dangers, advantages, and potential substitutes.
The liposuction procedure
Before the surgery, which can take anywhere from one to four hours, patients may get general anaesthesia. Treatments for the lower body may involve the use of an epidural.
A local anaesthetic may be used when liposuction is performed in relatively small locations. In order to ensure adequate fat removal throughout the surgery, the patient may be asked to stand up if just local anaesthetic is required.
What to expect after liposuction surgery in Dubai
General anaesthesia usually requires a patient to stay overnight in the hospital. Patients who received a local anaesthetic may be discharged from the hospital the same day.
- Support bandages: The targeted area will be fitted with bandages or an elasticised support corset.
- Antibiotics: These are administered following surgery.
- Pain medications: These drugs can assist treat pain and inflammation.
- Stitches: The surgeon will remove the stitches in a subsequent session.
- Bruising: The targeted area may have some bruising.
- Numbness: The area where the fat was removed could feel numb. It should become better in six to eight weeks.
- An allergic reaction could happen if the patient is exposed to specific medications or medical equipment.
Aftercare for liposuction
Eat a balanced diet
Your body will have the energy and fuel it needs to recover from liposuction if you eat a healthy diet. Less bruising and swelling will be experienced by patients who consume a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and lean protein. Additionally, you should minimise your salt intake because it will exacerbate swelling.
Get adequate rest
Liposuction is a surgical procedure; thus, your body requires at least one to two weeks to rest and recover. For the first few days, have a bedroom or couch available so you can relax as much as you can. Don’t perform any additional physical exercise but do try to have a little walk every day unless your surgeon advises against it.
Flushing toxins from your system and maintaining hydration will speed up recovery. Make an effort to consume six to eight glasses of water each day.
Don’t wear tight clothes
You now appear better in your clothes thanks to liposuction. However, you should avoid tight clothing for a few weeks since it can obstruct fluid outflow.
Why choose Dr Demetrius Evriviades for expert guidance?
With more than 20 years of expertise, Dr Demetrius Evriviades is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon who received his training in the UK, North America and South America. He is one of the few surgeons to have pioneered the Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty. So if you are looking for the best Liposuction surgery in Dubai, book an appointment today!
Dr Demetrius Evriviades
Dr Demetrius Evriviades is a UK- trained Consultant Plastic Surgeon and comes with more than 20 years of experience. He is a top authority in cosmetic surgery, known for his cosmetic breast surgeries, facelifting, and blepharoplasty procedures. Currently, he serves his patients at the prestigious Mediclinic Parkview Hospital UAE