lip lift Dubai
Lip Lift Dubai
Lip lift is a popular cosmetic surgery for giving that fuller, plump look to drooping lips, enhancing the smile, and improving facial harmony. Procedures like lip fillers or lip implants gave a temporary pout to the lips by adding dermal fillers. A surgical lip lift procedure adds volume to lips permanently.
What is a lip lift ?
A lip lift is an in-patient cosmetic procedure that elevates the upper lip by removing skin between the nose and the top lip. During the procedure, the philtrum distance is shortened while everting the vermilion. The result is a fuller and “rolled-out” lip.
This procedure increases the proportion of visible pink tissue, making the lip look more pronounced.
Types of lip lifts
Benefits of lip lift
- Quick and immediately noticeable results
- Permanent enhancement of lips
- Enhanced smile, lip contours, and facial appeal
- No visible scar left behind as compared to other lip augmentation methods
When to get a lip lift?
You can choose to have a lip lift if —
- You have thin drooping lips due to age
- You are looking for a permanent solution
- You want to improve face harmony
- You are not satisfied with the continuous process of fillers
Since lip lift is a surgical procedure, candidates need to prepare their bodies for the surgery. Dr Demetrius provides pre-procedure guidelines based on each candidate’s requirements. Some general instructions are:
The lip lift surgery is generally performed under local anaesthesia and takes about 45 minutes to complete. The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- Cleansing – Before starting the procedure, the surgeon cleanses the skin around the lips.
- Anaesthesia – The surgeon administers local anaesthesia to the lips to prevent discomfort or pain during the procedure.
- Surgery – The surgeon uses specialised tools to make an incision under the nose in the shape of a bullhorn. Dr Demetrius makes this incision so that it gets hidden under the shadowed crease beneath the nose. He then removes a tiny strip of skin tissue and tightens the muscles lifting the lip. Finally, the incisions are closed with sutures leaving a raised upper lip in a new elevated position.
Recovery and Results
You may experience swelling and soreness around the lips, which fades off within two weeks. Regular activities can be resumed within 24 hours, but sutures are removed after 5 days. You can speed up your recovery by taking prescribed medications, cold compresses, and ice packs.
Why choose Dr Demetrius for your lip lift in Dubai?
Dr Demetrius has a track record of many successful lip lift surgeries in Dubai. In addition, he has assisted patients with customised, informed, and realistic plans for reconstructive and cosmetic procedures since 2008.