Everything you need to know about Mommy Makeover
Pregnancy and giving birth to children are undoubtedly life’s most rewarding experiences. But they also involve significant emotional and physical changes. Many women discover that their bodies have changed in unexpected ways after pregnancy and childbirth. Diet and exercise can help with some of these changes, but more substantial interventions might be needed for others.
A Mommy Makeover can give you the self-assurance you need to face motherhood head-on and restore your pre-pregnancy body.
However, before you arrive at a decision, you must get to know about the Mommy Makeover procedure end to end.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
After giving birth, some women opt for a mommy makeover, which entails several cosmetic surgery procedures. It can involve liposuction, a tummy tuck, breast surgery (augmentation, lift, or reduction), and/or labiaplasty.
The mommy makeover is popular in part because there are no predetermined elements; instead, each procedure is particularly designed to meet the needs of each patient. Whether you want to enhance your appearance or increase your self-confidence, a Mommy Makeover might be the right choice for you.
Commonality of Mommy Makeover
In 2010, women had nearly 112,000 tummy tucks, an 85% increase from 2000; 90,000 breast lifts; a 70% increase from 2000; and 296,000 breast augmentations.
Who is a good candidate for a mommy makeover?
Good general health, having finished having children, being at or close to their ideal weight, and having realistic expectations for the procedure’s results are all requirements for mommy makeover candidates.
Moreover, interested candidates must also be dedicated to maintaining a healthy lifestyle after surgery, including a balanced diet and regular exercise. The first step in scheduling a consultation with our team is to inquire about a mommy makeover.
What all procedures does a mommy makeover entail?
Whether you breastfeed or not, you might want to think about getting some sort of breast enhancement.
Breast augmentation, or the surgical placement of breast implants, can make your breasts look fuller if they have lost mass.
Silicone implants are the most popular kind of breast implant used for initial augmentation. The best decision will depend on how you want your breasts to feel and look, so it’s important to discuss your options with our doctor.
A breast lift surgey involves removing extra skin and tightening breast tissues. It further helps in providing your sagging breasts with the much-needed lift and makes them look much firmer.
It’s crucial to understand that a breast lift doesn’t significantly alter your breasts’ size. This surgery will only render younger and perkier appearance to your breasts.
A breast reduction procedure removes tissue and reshapes your breasts if they are bigger than they were before pregnancy, making you uncomfortable or giving you back pain.
For LOWER BODY
Mommy Makeover also effectively aims at restoring your lower body areas like your belly, thighs, buttocks through various procedures.
Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty
Your belly area may appear looser than it did before pregnancy.
A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty can help tighten your abdominal muscles and remove extra skin from your abdomen if you’re not happy with the way your belly looks or feels. Stretch marks and C-section scars might even be reduced or eliminated.
Liposuction is the surgical procedure to remove fat from your abdomen, arms, or thighs. This is sometimes an option if healthy eating and exercise aren’t giving you the results you want.
This procedure can target the buttocks, thighs, hips, and abdomen. However, one must remember that liposuction only removes fat and does not remove cellulite.
What are the things you must consider before undergoing a mommy makeover?
To help you decide if a Mommy Makeover is right for you, here are a few things you need to know about them:
- Mommy Makeover procedures are carried out as outpatient surgeries so you can recover at home.
- Give the first stage of recovery at least two weeks. You’ll feel fatigued, and sore and have bruising and swelling.
- Observe the instructions on your painkillers. In particular, avoid operating a motor vehicle while taking painkillers. With your drugs, exercise extreme caution and only take as prescribed.
- Swelling may persist for 6 months to a year. You’ll reap the full rewards of your Mommy Makeover once the swelling has gone down.
- For at least 6 weeks, refrain from strenuous exercise or heavy lifting. This includes lifting kids over 10 lbs. and carrying babies.
- Smokers are not advised to participate in The Mommy Makeover. Smoking slows wound healing and reduces circulation.
- If you are a smoker, you need to stop smoking for at least 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after your mommy makeover. Also, this can be a convincing reason foryou to give up smoking for good.
- For several weeks following your procedure, ask for help around the house. Get assistance with household chores because you will be sore, exhausted, and healing.
- Maintain your healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
GET BACK INTO YOUTHFUL SHAPE RIGHT NOW
Amazing experiences like pregnancy and childbirth can have a long-lasting impact on a woman’s body. Following childbirth, many women discover that their bodies are fundamentally altered, exhibiting everything from stretch marks and loose skin to changes in breast size and volume.
Our plastic surgeon, Dr Demetrius Evriviades, strives to provide the best treatments and cosmetic procedures equipped with the newest technology to the aspirants. He is out-and-out trained in mommy makeover procedures and has delivered innumerable desired results.
Furthermore, he is also one of the few surgeons in the UK to have invented the Bazilian lipoabdominoplasty. He is a pro at reconstructing breasts using the cutting-edge DIEP-flap method.
Schedule your appointment today!